Monday, January 12, 2009

More Folded Flower Pinwheel Blocks


Here are some more of the folded flower pinwheel blocks - see the tutorial in my last post. I was able to make these before we had a thunderstorm and I had to turn off the sewing machine in case of power surges. They are not in any particular order at the moment. I won't try to sort them into order until I have made all the blocks for the quilt. I am going with the flow at the moment and will see how many blocks I finish up with. I think I may need to hunt the scrap bins for a bit more fabric to suit the quilt. I really want to avoid buying any more fabric - just use my stash and scraps.
I may have to succumb for borders and/or backing but I refuse to buy anything else. This year my aim is to use my stash and avoid buying unless absolutely necessary. Unfortunately I found I don't have much in the way of soft or pastel fabrics so that is one area I may need to consider supplementing.
My other aim for the year is to reduce the number of UFOs in my house - I am going to aim at at least one a month. Even at one a month I will not have my works in progress or unfinished objects all finished this year! And here I am doing something new - how does that work??? I will show you how I get on with this one and today I have been working on a crochet blanket which I hope to finish this month. I will post a photo soon.

3 comments:

ARC said...

The blocks are wonderful, as is your tutorial - I can't wait to see the completed quilt!
I am also trying to complete UFO's but I know what you mean about starting new projects - I am doing that too, but trying to use up what I have when I do succumb!

Thanks for the suggestions on my blog of positive qualities - they are all important!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are just gorgeous! I love the colors you chose.

Del Soden said...

What a great idea, and thanks for the tutorial too.
Non-artistic people like me need inspiration from people like you'
I'm going to hang around here.
Cheers
D.