Friday, October 17, 2008

More of the tulip gardens

Here are some more photos from that beautiful day at the tulip gardens.
 The first photo shows the native backdrop to part of the gardens. I love the 

texture and colours in the bark of the eucalypt (gum) tree, its flowers and trailing leaves. The colours of the gums are more muted than the bright colours of the bulbs but beautiful nonetheless.


 
The daffodil was exquisite and the pansies just one of many bedding plants used in the gardens. They looked so cheerful and again I was attracted by the variation in the colours. So many....... I will probably use some of these photos as inspiration for my quilting or crocheting at some stage. 
How many colours can be found in these pink/red/burgundy/salmon pansies?The fallen petals of the forsythia made a beautiful carpet under the bushes.
The bees were very busy that day. Here is another bee in the blossoms, this time on a glorious crabapple. 
My apologies for the poor layout of these photos. I have yet to work out how best to import and add text to give a pleasing appearance. Any tips would be gratefully received :)

1 comment:

Karen Mallory said...

Gorgeous!!!! Some of the flowers look so perfect they almost look fake!! I am not sure about the picture thing either. I do know the last pic you load is at the top. But you can click on them and move them.
hugs Karen