Sunday, October 12, 2008

New beginnings

This is my first post on this blog. I don't know how it will go but I thought I would try it out. I have a miserable cold and this was something I could do sitting with my laptop in front of Midsomer Murders on the television. Perhaps not the best reason for starting a blog but my reason nevertheless.

Quilting is my passion after my family and friends. I first learnt in about 1982 or 1983 - I do not now remember whether I attended Pam Tawton's beginner classes before or after the birth of our 4th child and only son; probably after. I made my first quilt earlier than that though - before the birth of our first daughter in 1986. It is a simple 9 patch with eye spy seersucker. It was bagged and turned through then quilted by adding ric rac braid to the seams with a zig zag stitch. Very basic but actually quite effective. My second quilt was also made about this time - a whole cloth pram quilt using a printed heavy cotton curtain fabric. Both quilts would have been made with remnants I picked up cheaply and sewn while I was at home waiting for our first child to be born. I was very pleased to find both of these quilts recently while clearing out, along with quite a few baby clothes I had put away from when my babies were little. My youngest is now 26. I have just realised I don't have photos so will have to get the camera out when I am feeling better.

Enough babbling for now. I hope I haven't bored you all out there in blogland :)







6 comments:

Di said...

Good start Jenny, I'll be back. Have fun with your blog.
Dya

Khris said...

Great to have you here in blogland Jenny....have to start somewhere. Enjoy the ride...hugs Khris

Eefje said...

Wonderful to see you have a blog too. Makes me realise I should re-start mine as well since I deleted it by accident :-(

Cath Ü said...

Hi Jenny,
Welcome to blogland...... It is a lot of fun....
Cath Ü

Karen Mallory said...

Great start Jenny! Love the weather photos! It soes tell about where you live. I will link to you on my blog too!
hugs Karen

The little book of Nessie said...

Nice visiting your blog. It is a brave step to take but lots of fun! Look forward to visiting again. Regards, Nessie